EFIL has updated its Activity Calendar 2016. Included in the calendar are planned seminars, meetings and training events (= EFIL Academy), EFIL’s annually recurring flagship projects (like European Citizenship Trimester Programme, Volunteer Summer Summit, Intercultural Dialogue Day, Forum on Intercultural Learning and Exchange), and governance meetings. Training activities related to new partner development and advocacy initiatives that have a training content, have also been added.
Note that all EFIL training and meeting events are open to non-EFIL member organisations too (slightly higher costs apply).
SAVE THE DATES…!
* Our biennial SUPPORT STAFF MEETING – which usually takes place in January/February – has been moved to early November 2016, because of the AFS Academy in February. Our Support Staff meeting will take place in Turkey, and we are happy to confirm David Blythe’s presence for this meeting/training. Exact dates will follow soon.
* The annual PROGRAMME DIRECTORS MEETING will take place – as always – in the beginning of March (Mon. 7 – Fri. 11 March 2016). This time we will be meeting in Cork, Ireland, where the head office of EIL Ireland is located. This will give our Programme Directors a great opportunity to meet the staff, volunteers and participants of EIL.
* The annual HEADS OF OFFICE (HOO) MEETING is scheduled to take place in Lisbon, Portugal, 14-17 June 2016, and will be a HOO RETREAT. Immediately following the HOO retreat, AFS Portugal will be celebrating its 60th anniversary.
* For our biennial GOVERNANCE AND LEADERSHIP SEMINAR, we invite our participants to come to Bulgaria in August, where EFIL has supported the establishment of a new organisation (Intercultural Exchanges Bulgaria).
* The 9th edition of our annual EFIL VOLUNTEER SUMMER SUMMIT will take place in Venice, Italy (30 July to 4 August). Theme: “Education for Peace – The Challenge of Living Together”. We have space for up to 300 volunteers of all ages. Non-European volunteers are most welcome!
For more: [email protected]