In the last years, the focus of AFS has become more and more the one of being an educational organisation and to profile as such externally, especially to schools.
Fondazione Intercultura, AFS Intercultural Programs and EFIL – the Federation of AFS organisations in Europe – have largely contributed to discussions and developments in this direction, by annually convening the Forum on Intercultural Learning and Exchange. This event gathers 60 participants from different parts of the world: half of them from universities and research institutions active in the field of intercultural learning; the other half are practitioners from the AFS network and beyond.
This year, we invite AFS volunteers and staff involved in the school environment- teachers, headteachers, school administrators – to join the Forum, an unique event tackling the topic of teachers’ intercultural education.
8th Annual Forum on Intercultural Learning and Exchange
2-5 November 2017, in Colle Val d’Elsa, Italy
The intercultural training of teachers: from theory to practice
Building on the outcomes of the previous edition which tackled the theoretical aspects of intercultural training of teachers, this event will connect researchers, policy makers, teachers, headmasters and educators to develop practical solutions.
- How to formulate a credit programme for intercultural learning for initial teacher education?
- How to structure an in-service programme for professional development of teachers?
- What are specific activities and approaches for developing teachers’ intercultural competence?
- What needs to happen to secure school heads’ commitment to intercultural learning and professional development for teachers?
- What are the implications of the PISA 2018 Global Competence Test for the professional development of teachers – for the classroom and curriculum?
- An overview of what is already done in initial and in-service training for secondary school teachers and how intercultural competence is already included in the competence framework for teachers.
- A final statement by the Forum on a programme for intercultural training of teachers in both initial teacher education and in-service training and on the need for school commitment to intercultural learning.
Programme VIII_FILE_Draft programme_5.5.2017
Register now – DEADLINE: 15th May 2017
Send an email to [email protected] to register!
The fee covers accommodation and meals from dinner on Thursday 2nd November to breakfast on Sunday 5th November.
Single room: 470 euros
Double room: 380 euros
For more information: [email protected]