Today, the day has come for me to say goodbye as an EFIL staff member. And I have been wondering how to actually say goodbye after such a long period in the EFIL office?
First of all I want to thank all of you for the great cooperation. It has been a pleasure to work with you as a colleague, team members, participants and friends. Instead of writing a long article, I have rather decided to share my “Inga in EFIL” ABC with what I’m taking from or linking to my time in EFIL. I hope you enjoy it and if you worked with me you might see a connection.
I’m happy to say that I will return to volunteering and I’m looking forward to meeting you again, so it’s a goodbye for now.
Inga’s EFIL – ABC
- Amazing interns
- Broadening my horizon and Biking through rain
- Creative solutions to overcome crisis’s with a little help of chocolate chocolate chocolate
- Discussions, both beautiful and exhausting
- Extending my comfort zone
- Flights that contribute to my terrible ecological footprint
- Great fun and different types of group pictures (thanks to all the amazing team fun pictures!)
- Highly motivated and inspiring volunteers
- Intercultural Learning on a personal level as well as on an organisational level
- Joint team meetings
- Keeping the overview
- Learning, laughing and listening
- Making new friends
- New ideas
- Online tools
- Partner Development with all its ups and downs – I learned a lot!
- Questioning oneself
- Rephrasing statements during evaluation meetings
- Studying and working at the same time
- Unboxing stereotypes
- Volunteer development
- Working with a growing volunteer force also on weekends
- X-rays and other stories linked to hospital trips including a person being bitten by a bat
- Yawning after looooong nights
- Zoom out and focus on Climate Change