Do you believe intercultural mobility experiences are life changing and that they contribute to a better world? Do you think international exchanges should be inclusive and available to all? Are you motivated by turning ideas into impactful projects and programmes? Are you interested in working in the educational field to empower schools and teachers? Are you dynamic and motivated to lead new initiatives in both strategic and practical ways? If you answer “YES!”, then the position of Erasmus+ School Programmes Development Officer is for you!
AFS and the European Federation for Intercultural Learning
AFS is the largest and oldest international non-profit network for secondary school individual pupil mobility, working in over 60 countries primarily through school- and family-based long-term immersion. In Europe, the European Federation for Intercultural Learning (EFIL) supports its 27 members through coordinating projects and programmes, research and advocacy work, sharing of know-how and organising training events for its staff and volunteers. EFIL’s wide array of partners include the European Union and the Council of Europe. In French-speaking Belgium, AFS Programmes Interculturels ASBL works not only in individual exchange programmes, but also through teacher training and intercultural learning projects and workshops. At both levels, there is a strong commitment to increasing AFS’s social impact through globalizing schools and institutions as well as through expanding access to intercultural learning.
The new generation of Erasmus+ programmes is squarely in line with our strategic commitment and in partnership, EFIL and AFS in French-speaking Belgium and launching an exciting new pilot initiative which aims to develop AFS’s role in Belgium and across Europe in Erasmus+ partnerships with schools, especially in individual pupil and teacher mobility, class mobility and teacher training.
So, we are looking for an Erasmus+ Schools Development Officer to take the lead of this pilot initiative, working at a general and systemic level with partner AFS organisations through Europe and at a local level in French-speaking Belgium.
The Erasmus+ School Programme Development Officer will be responsible for:
- Development of new learning mobility programmes. These programmes introduce a new framework for AFS, including schools and Erasmus+ as key stakeholders in pupil, class and teacher mobility and training.
- Development of business and marketing plans for learning mobility programmes in a non-profit context, based on market research
- Coordination of the promoting, piloting and evaluating the new programmes, in close collaboration with EFIL member organisations.
- Coordination the work of the consortium of 3 schools in Belgium as they work with AFS to pilot new programmes in 2022.
- Development of new tools to support the new programmes (e.g. checklists, guides, templates, etc.)
- Communication on the initiative’s progress (reports, newsletters, etc.)
- Involvement in drafting funding proposals at national and European level (Erasmus+, European Youth Foundation, etc.);
Profile of the Candidate
- At least 5 years of experience
- Fluent in both English and French (about B2/C1 in both languages), both spoken and written
- Proven project management experience
- Proven track record in creating and promoting new educational products and/or services, experience with Design Thinking and similar collaborative development methodologies is a plus
- Experience in the school education sector, knowledge of the European educational sector and/or Erasmus+ and EU youth and education policy is a plus
- A good understanding of the sector of volunteer-based, educational and youth-oriented non-profit organisations and/or intercultural exchanges is a plus
- Leadership and organisational skills including relevant experience with coordination of events and facilitating in-person and virtual volunteer teams.
- Strong communication skills in an international and online-based setting, including ability to build relationships across a network.
- Good ICT tools, especially in terms of online collaboration (e.g. GSuite), project management and effective use of social media
- Prior experience as a trainer and in training design, including online learning is a plus
- Prepared to work in Brussels, travel regularly, including occasional week-end traveling. Must be legally eligible to work in Belgium.
- Fixed-term contract (CDD) of 1 year (renewable).
- Salary linked to the 329.02 Joint Bargaining Commission salary scales
- A young, stimulating and international working context
- Be part of two small teams (AFS Belgium French-speaking, and EFIL) where the distance between an idea and its realization is short (multi-employer contract)
- Benefits package (transportation reimbursement, meal tickets, extra holiday days, etc.)
- Suggested starting date: as soon as possible, at the latest by Monday 2 August 2021
- Good coffee in the office
- Letter of motivation and curriculum vitae
- Submit documents on line through the form on the AFS website: https://www.afsbelgique.be/emplois/erasmus-school-programme-development-officer/application-form/
Only complete applications submitted through the AFS website will be considered.
Application deadline: position open until filled – latest by 4th July
Pre-selected applicants will be contacted and invited for an interview, tentative dates: 7-8-9 July 2021
The European Federation for Intercultural Learning and AFS Programme Interculturels encourage all persons with the qualifications specified to apply for the position, without distinction in terms of sex, handicap, social or ethnic origin, religion, conviction or sexual orientation. AFS recognizes different types of experience, professional and volunteer experience.