Partners of the Erasmus+ project Intercultural Learning for pupils and teachers are working hard to offer school leaders and teachers of upper secondary schools trainings and tools to include intercultural learning in every subject and aspect of the school life. These materials will all be available at the new website intercultural-learning.eu which has just been launched!
WHAT WILL THE PROJECT DO?
From 28 August to 1st September 13 trainers will be empowered to deliver intercultural trainings to teachers and headmasters all over Europe.
In the period September 2017 to March 2018, several 3-day specialised courses around Europe will be organised. The courses will enable experienced teachers and school heads to:
- present their own intercultural experiences and enhance their intercultural competences
- link intercultural education theories to observed behaviors
- be aware of mobility opportunities for them and for the students and how to valorize them
- assess intercultural competences of pupils
- implement the whole school approach linked to intercultural learning, in a systemic way
- navigate existing resources
- create modules on intercultural learning linked to specific-curricula and cross curricular
- have the opportunity to pilot the tools in their classes and school.
The dates and the enlistment procedures will be published at the website.
Pedagogic approach to intercultural learning
In 2018 the project will also develop recommendations on how to include intercultural education in the curricula of teachers and pupils, and ensure that studying abroad is recognised as a great educational experience for pupils, within this objective. Ultimately, the project aims at making sure that in the future everyone receives the adequate learning opportunities to live and work in diverse communities.
To know more about the project, read the previous articles.
For more information: [email protected]